Kiwanis Club to host basket bingo in April
KIMBERTON - The Kiwanis Club will be hosting a basket bingo featuring filled Longaberger® baskets at the Kimberton Fire Company on Sunday, April 15, 2007, at 1 p.m.
Related Bingo News:
- Kiwanis host Turkey Bingo
- Basket Bingo includes Health Fair
- Greencastle Lioness Club to host bag and basket bingo
- St. Michael’s Basket Bingo
- CCHS to host basket bingo
- Les Cockrell: Fledgling Krum Kiwanis plan bingo fundraiser
- Ferndale Kiwanis hosts third annual cow pie bingo
- Jeff Lions Club to have Longaberger basket bingo
- News in brief: Band boosters to host basket bingo
- FFF to host purse, tote and basket bingo
- Fall Foliage Festival to host Basket Bingo
- Raritan Lions Club Longaberger Basket Bingo
Interesting gambling facts:
- 1905: The town of Las Vegas is founded when the San Pedro, Los Angeles and Salt Lake Railroad Company holds a land auction at the site on May 15.
1912: The Majestic - Las Vegas's very first theater - opens, featuring the best vaudeville acts and motion pictures of the time.
- The name of the game "Poker" likely descended from the French poque, which descended from the German pochen ("to knock"), but it is not clear whether the games named by those terms were the real origins of poker.
- By the 18th and 19th centuries a dice game called Hazard had become popular in England and was played by the aristocracy in private gambling houses.
- The famous banker J.P. Morgan once walked out of a Monte Carlo casino because the stakes were too low? At the time, the maximum wager was 12,000 francs and Morgan wanted it increased to 20,000 francs. When the casino manager refused to increase the limit, Morgan left the casino saying "12,000 francs! I have no time to lose such ridiculous amounts."