Betting on more than just sports
Sports betting has been an extremely popular pastime for Americans for the past two centuries. Bettors love the thrill of a sports wager, seeking to correctly predict the outcome of horse races, boxing matches, golf tournaments and just about every …
Related Sports Betting News:
- Big Sports Profit Sports Betting System
- Tnt Sports Betting
- Casinos VIP Lounge Taps into the Multi-Billion Online Sports Betting Biz
- Ruling forces casinos to rethink sports betting temples
- Sports Insights Launches Free Sports Betting App for iPhone
- Advantage Sports Betting Celebrates Milestone
- Advantage Sports Betting Celebrates 5th Anniversary
- 10 Sports Betting Myths That You Should Immediately Forget
- Sports betting races for time
- Malta ‘too small’ for sports betting liberalisation
- New Jerseyans should cast their lot with sports betting
- NCAA, pro sports leagues sue to stop Delaware sports betting
Casino gambling facts:
- Although baccara has its origins in medieval Italy, it soon spread to France, where it was called "chemin de fer" (meaning railway, due to the action of the card box or shoe passing around the table on "tracks").
- Gambling is defined by the Webster's New World Dictionary as the following: to play games of chance for money or some other stake, or to take a risk in order to gain some advantage.
- During the 1950s, the Senate Committee to Investigate Organized Crime in Interstate Commerce held a number of hearings on criminal influence in the casino industry. The committee was chaired by Senator Estes Kefauver, and the committee is also known by his name.
- Dog racing (a race among greyhounds who chase after a mechanical rabbit) operates in 17 states. Jai-alai (a game similar to handball) is legal in just three: Connecticut, Florida, and Rhode Island.