State leader backs casinos taking horse racing bets
House Gaming Committee Chairman Bobby Moak, D-Bogue Chitto, said he favors Mississippi casinos being able to accept bets on horse races from around the country.
Related Casino News:
- Another Iowa leader defends state’s rights on online gambling
- Casino Smoking Talks Nearer
- Senate leader wants gambling off agenda
- Ind. Senate leader: no gambling issues in session
- Indiana Senate leader: No gambling issues during special session
- LoBiondo backs casinos
- Two Way backs out of Priority One merger
- NewGame backs AlchemyBet
- Bosnia backs off on online gambling ban
- UK Gambling Commission backs off on TV shows issue
- Chamber report backs Patrick’s casino estimates
- New Jersey sports betting bill backs off on internet betting
Casino gambling information:
- Catholics were found to be more likely to gamble than Protestants and other religious groups. Catholics were also found to be less likely to disapprove of gambling than other religious groups.
- French mathematician Blaise Pascale is often credited with inventing the roulette wheel as a result of his experiments with perpetual motion machines.
- Blackjack originated in French casinos around the 1700's where it was called "vingt-et-un" (twenty-and-one) and has been in United States since the 1800's.
- Although the Greeks had a profound understanding of mathematics they had no concept of probability, and assumed that the outcome of games of chance was due to the will of the gods.