Former club executive, bingo manager face charges
A former Boys and Girls Club executive and bingo manager have been charged with misusing club funds.
Related Bingo News:
- Former Boys & Girls Club bingo manager charged with theft
- Group struggled after Simcoe bingo hall forced out of business
- Bingo Product Executive
- Gambling addict club boss jailed
- Emilies Club goes from bingo to rock and roll
- Top story:
- Local shrine club hosts bingo night
- House! Bingo cash for Lifeboat
- Buckingham Bingo buys Corby’s Stardust Club
- Former bingo manager indicted
- Bingo theft, forgery nets jail for program’s former manager
- New Player at All Bingo Club Wins a Progressive and a Promotion
Interesting gambling facts:
- People earning $10,000 per year gamble more than twice as much money as people earning $30-40,000 per year. People earning $10,000 per year gamble four times as much money as those making $80,000 or more per year.
- Las Vegas is a testament of the powerful ability of gambling to foster economic development. Because of gambling, Las Vegas has shown impressive job growth, developed into a major city with a low tax burden that many state and local governments look at with envy.
- U.S. News and World Report did a comparison of crime rates in cities with gambling versus those that do not. The crime rates were significantly higher in the places that allowed gambling.
- In 1891, Sittman and Pitt of Brooklyn began to manufacture the first nationally known poker card machines. The machines maintained their enormous popularity until just before World War I.