Neteller founder pleads guilty
Making headlines across the mainstream media late Friday was the news that Neteller co-founder Stephen Lawrence (47) had pleaded guilty to a conspiracy charge over the handling of billions of dollars in illegal gambling proceeds.
Related Gambling News:
- Second NETeller co-founder pleads guilty
- Second Neteller founder folds
- Stillwater man pleads guilty to sports betting
- Online sportsbetting organiser pleads guilty
- Staten Island bookie pleads guilty to promoting gambling
- Jacktrade pleads guilty to illegal gambling charge
- Gambling Leader Pleads Guilty
- Former New Jersey trooper pleads guilty in gambling case with links to NHL
- Man Pleads Guilty To Gambling Charges
- Florida Online Poker Fraud Pleads Guilty
- Man pleads guilty to mob-linked charges
- Harrisonville Man Pleads Guilty To Conducting Illegal Gambling Business
Interesting gambling facts:
- The first legal lottery in the twentieth century was the New Hampshire Sweepstakes which began on March 12, 1964. Currently 37 states and the District of Columbia operate lotteries.
- People earning $10,000 per year gamble more than twice as much money as people earning $30-40,000 per year. People earning $10,000 per year gamble four times as much money as those making $80,000 or more per year.
- Poker is derived from the Persian game of "as nar" and was probably based on the dice game "tali", which was played by the Romans.
- 1926: Las Vegas gets a regular air service. Western Air Express flies between Las Vegas and Salt Lake City. The airfield later becomes the site for the famous Sahara and Hilton hotels.
1931: Gambling is legalized in Nevada on March 19. Construction begins on the long awaited Hoover Dam.