Court will hear appeal to city’s smoking ban
Attorneys for bar, restaurant and bingo hall owners filed the appeals and a judge has agreed to hear them.
Related Bingo News:
- Supreme Court won’t hear appeal on Mich. casino
- Glendale to petition Supreme Court in casino land appeal
- Court to hear challenge to state gambling law
- High court denies Gary casino appeal
- Erie County Court Judge recuses himself from gambling grants appeal
- Delaware to appeal betting limits to Supreme Court
- Court favours HMRC in Rank Group VAT appeal
- U.S. Supreme Court refuses to take up Cueto case
- Court Date on Kentucky Gambling Domains
- Bingo hall files appeal on smoking ban
- Illinois court deals blow to owners of casino license
- Florida high court won’t hear Seminole gambling appeal
Interesting gambling facts:
- The Great Wall of China was financed, in part, by a lottery. The Bible is replete with references to drawing lots. Lot casting was a favored means of communication between man and god.
- Gambling is Often Legalized to Promote Economic Development of Depressed Areas. That was an important motivation in Las Vegas, Atlantic City, New Jersey, and many of the other locales for casinos.
- The brand new resort, Wynn Las Vegas recently opened on the Las Vegas Strip. At a cost of approximately $2.7 billion, the Wynn Las Vegas features 2,700 guestrooms and suites, casino (table games, over 1900 slots/video poker machines, poker room with race and sports book), several restaurants, a night club, golf, a shopping esplanade and a show called Le Reve.
- 1993: Steve Wynn buys the Dune Hotel, then implodes it to make way for the Bellagio. The new MGM Grand is completed, once again becoming the world's largest hotel. On December 31, Barbra Streisand stars in the inaugural concert at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.