Court will hear appeal to city’s smoking ban
Attorneys for bar, restaurant and bingo hall owners filed the appeals and a judge has agreed to hear them.
Related Bingo News:
- Supreme Court won’t hear appeal on Mich. casino
- Glendale to petition Supreme Court in casino land appeal
- Court to hear challenge to state gambling law
- High court denies Gary casino appeal
- Erie County Court Judge recuses himself from gambling grants appeal
- Delaware to appeal betting limits to Supreme Court
- U.S. Supreme Court refuses to take up Cueto case
- Court Date on Kentucky Gambling Domains
- Bingo hall files appeal on smoking ban
- Illinois court deals blow to owners of casino license
- Florida high court won’t hear Seminole gambling appeal
- Casinos urge court to speed appeal
Gambling casinos history:
- When traveling to Las Vegas be sure to check out some of the incredible scenery outside of the city. Lake Mead is about 45 minutes away from the city and is a beautiful place to cool off. When things get really hot, give Mount Charleston a try. It\'s approximately 30 degrees cooler. Red Rock Canyon is only a 30 drive. There is also the stunning Valley of Fire which is 1 hour away from Las Vegas.
- U.S. News and World Report did a comparison of crime rates in cities with gambling versus those that do not. The crime rates were significantly higher in the places that allowed gambling.
- Up to the 1960s, Nevada was plagued by teamster financing, hidden ownership, employment of individuals of questionable character and background, and the clear links to organized crime.
- If you are planning a trip to Las Vegas, be sure to take advantage of the free sights and attractions. They include - Fremont Street Experience, the Fountains of Bellagio, the Sirens of TI, Volcano at the Mirage, tiger display at the entrance of the Mirage, tour of Ethel M's Chocolate Factory, Bellagio Botanical Gardens, Masquerade Show in the Sky at the Rio, Hand of Faith at the Golden Nugget, landmark replicas at the Paris and the Venetian properties and more.