Judge: Thief must avoid casinos
A woman who admitted stealing $65,000 from her employer can remain free until she is sentenced, but she must stay out of gambling casinos.
Related Casino News:
- Thief from Net Entertainment
- Lottery winnings thief arrested
- NetEnt’s “Thief” has plenty of scene changes
- Gentleman thief from World Match
- Online gambling identity thief convicted
- U.S. lotto ticket thief gets hefty sentence
- Number’s up for bingo thief
- Gambling thief tried to bet his way out of debt
- The glitzy thief?
- Bingo players corner thief
- Judge asks defense teams for detailed acquital arguments in Alabama bingo case
- Judge delays decision on former Utah bank exec’s guilty plea in NY federal poker prosecution
Interesting gambling facts:
- Baccarat is the principal of casino card games in the United Kingdom and Europe. Blackjack is a fixture in all American casinos.
- In 1973, the Commission on the Review of National Policy toward Gambling was created to study gambling in the United States.
- U.S. News and World Report did a comparison of crime rates in cities with gambling versus those that do not. The crime rates were significantly higher in the places that allowed gambling.
- The Gold Rush brought a huge increase in the amount and types of gambling to California. San Francisco replaced New Orleans as the center for gambling in the United States.