Five more sponsors for anti-UIGEA-Bill
July has been a good month for Congressman Barney Frank, Chairman of the influential House Financial Services Committee and author of Bill HR 2046 the Internet Gambling Regulation and Enforcement Act which proposes the regulation and taxation of Internet gambling in the United States instead of banning the pastime.
Related Gambling News:
- Gambling-initiative sponsors bet on eventual success
- IGREA has three more co-sponsors
- Anti-UIGEA bill has already attracted ten co-sponsors
- Betfair sponsors Kingmaker Day
- Chairman Frank’s Bill to Regulate Internet Gambling Reaches 50 Co-Sponsors
- The PGA Tour could lose more automotive sponsors
- Three more sponsors for online gambling regulation proposal
- Betfair sponsors snooker shoot-out
- Voltbet sponsors top S.A. rugby team
- JAXX sponsors top tier football team
- Bet3000 sponsors German soccer team
- PaddyPowerPoker.com Poker for the Homeless March Madness II Raises EUR20,000
Casino gambling information:
- The second oldest casino hotel resort on the Las Vegas Strip was the Last Frontier and it opened in October of 1942. It had 105 guestrooms and the property was made to look like an old western town. The first casino hotel resort opened just 18 months earlier and was called El Rancho.
- 1967: Elvis Presley marries Priscilla Anne Beaulieu on May 1 in the chapel of the Aladdin Hotel.
1970: Binion's Horseshoe casino hosts the first World Series of Poker.
1971: Female card dealers begin working on the Strip for the first time.
- The introduction of the single zero wheel (with better odds for the player) resulted in the demise of the double zero wheels in Europe and has become known as the "French Wheel" in roulette history.
- When traveling to Las Vegas be sure to check out some of the incredible scenery outside of the city. Lake Mead is about 45 minutes away from the city and is a beautiful place to cool off. When things get really hot, give Mount Charleston a try. It\'s approximately 30 degrees cooler. Red Rock Canyon is only a 30 drive. There is also the stunning Valley of Fire which is 1 hour away from Las Vegas.