New hope for Florida bingo halls, charities
FLORIDA — As reported by the Florida Sun-Sentinel: “A new form of legalized gambling one that has raked in millions in other states quietly arrived in South Florida bingo halls this month with no state regulatory oversight.
Related Bingo News:
- Florida halls, charities hope new instant game can pull bingo back
- Florida halls, charities hope new game can pull bingo back
- Local News Bingo halls hope for revival
- Veterans Groups Hope Crist Has New View On Bingo
- Florida taxpayers’ tab in bingo-hall battle tops $6 million
- Bingo partners finally win 13-year battle with Florida
- Charitable bingo halls hope to get smoking ban exemption
- Veterans groups hope governor has new view on instant bingo
- Legality of bingo halls questioned
- So-Called Bingo Bill Progresses at Florida Capitol
- House defeats proposal to allow smoking in bingo halls…
- Crist sees hope for gambling deal
Casino gambling facts:
- Poker is derived from the Persian game of "as nar" and was probably based on the dice game "tali", which was played by the Romans.
- Video Poker machines were introduced in the 1970s, when an oil embargo had a negative impact on Vegas revenues. The machines were popular enough to spark a recovery in casino business.
- The current wave of legal lotteries started in New Hampshire, spread to other North-Eastern states, and then across the nation.
- Parimutuel wagering refers to the type of gambling where the total prize pool is based upon the amount of money wagered. The more money gambled, the bigger the prize.