New hope for Florida bingo halls, charities
FLORIDA — As reported by the Florida Sun-Sentinel: “A new form of legalized gambling one that has raked in millions in other states quietly arrived in South Florida bingo halls this month with no state regulatory oversight.
Related Bingo News:
- Florida halls, charities hope new instant game can pull bingo back
- Florida halls, charities hope new game can pull bingo back
- Local News Bingo halls hope for revival
- Veterans Groups Hope Crist Has New View On Bingo
- Florida taxpayers’ tab in bingo-hall battle tops $6 million
- Bingo partners finally win 13-year battle with Florida
- Charitable bingo halls hope to get smoking ban exemption
- Veterans groups hope governor has new view on instant bingo
- Legality of bingo halls questioned
- So-Called Bingo Bill Progresses at Florida Capitol
- House defeats proposal to allow smoking in bingo halls…
- Crist sees hope for gambling deal
Casino gambling facts:
- At a land-based casino, if your slot machine is malfunctioning, you won't get paid if you win the jackpot! All slot machines have this written on them but many players are not aware of this policy. The casinos have a device which lets them know if a slot machine is malfunctioning or if it's been tinkered with. Your best bet is to stop playing at it and try another.
- The Great Wall of China was financed, in part, by a lottery. The Bible is replete with references to drawing lots. Lot casting was a favored means of communication between man and god.
- French mathematicians Pierre de Fermat and Blaise Pascal explored the mathematics of gambling, leading to the formulation of Pascal's theory of probability in 1654.
- One of the oldest casinos in Europe, at Baden Baden in Germany, was opened in 1748 by Edouard Benazet, who employed Parisian craftsmen to design the stylish rooms.