Kaplan applies for charges to be dismissed
According to the Bookmaker’s Review this week, the imprisoned BetonSports founder Gary Kaplan is vigorously opposing his continued incarceration and Department of Justice charges concerning offences under the Wire Act and RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act) laws.
Related Gambling News:
- Kaplan stays in jail
- US applies for iMEGA case to be dismissed
- Betonsports Kaplan Pleads Guilty in Gambling Case
- Kaplan to appeal against detention without bail
- Case dismissed against Homer Page
- 3 guilty in online gambling suit
- Kaplan in the news again
- Updated 2/20: Gambling charges dropped against former Mundelein bar
- Domestic charge dismissed; man’s sports betting case unaffected
- Scoblete’s “Slots Conquest” Reveals Machines That Give Players the Edge! by Melissa A. Kaplan
- Fire Department to Stand Trial on Gambing, Alcohol Charges
- Judge dismisses some charges in charity bingo case
Gambling casinos info:
- The casino at Spa, a Belgian resort town noted for its mineral baths, was built by the Prince Bishop of the province of Liege in 1763.
- Nevada is the oldest and largest legalized gaming center in the United States. Gaming was legalized in Nevada in 1931 in the middle of the Great Depression as a form of economic stimulant.
- Indian tribes have used their position as sovereign entities to develop a number of gaming establishments. Indian casinos operate in 22 states. This number is expected to grow.
- By the 18th and 19th centuries a dice game called Hazard had become popular in England and was played by the aristocracy in private gambling houses.