Online Poker Bill Under Fire in South Africa
The acting Director-General of the Department of Trade and Industry in South Africa has been working on legislation to regulate online poker and online gambling, and its release has been met with opposition … via What’s new on Launchpoker.com
Related Poker News:
- Poker run with Waldoboro Fire Department
- Seward Fire Dept Under Fire For Poker Tournaments
- County Fire Station Wins Poker Tournament at Fire Fighter Appreciation Day in Morongo Valley
- Online Poker Bill Announced In US
- AG wants fire department’s poker money
- Fire at Hunter Army Airfield still being fought
- Fire destroys former bingo hall
- Fire company getting burned on poker tourneys
- Casino fire under control, officials say
- Online Poker Sites Under Fire in Australia
- Fire Department, Firefighters Accused of Running Illegal Poker Game
- Online poker bill to emerge
Gambling casinos history:
- Nevada is the oldest and largest legalized gaming center in the United States. Gaming was legalized in Nevada in 1931 in the middle of the Great Depression as a form of economic stimulant.
- Many casinos in Nevada were financed by mobsters. Most notable perhaps was Las Vegas' Flamingo which was opened in 1947 by Bugsy Siegel.
- Las Vegas in Nevada owes its success to the mobster Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel who organized gaming and bookmaking operations for The Mob (the Mafia).
- Charles Fey invented the first slot machine way back in 1895. He went on to perfect his initial innovation in 1907, when he teamed with Mills Novelty Company who manufactured the "Mills Liberty Bell".