PokerTo be a good poker writer is no small deal
“Poker may be only a game, but it is not a matter of life and death. It’s a lot more serious than that.”
EVER G oogled your name? The first time I did it, I found myself on such a hardcore porn site I had to defrag my laptop before I felt clean. via Business Day
Related Poker News:
- Play poker with your baby
- From bingo hall to Hollywood: An up and coming Native writer
- Gambling addiction often ruins family relationships
- This crossword puzzle writer and poker champ generating 20% returns
- Get ye to a real poker room
- Good for Poker: WPT Celebrates #200 and WSOP Reaches Record Numbers
- Review of Video Strip Poker
- Stoking the Poker Flame
- The mystery of the sports writer who became the story
- Poker playing priest gets a shot at the pot
- Rein in video poker for good
- Writer Grabs ‘Posh Bingo’ Booker Prize
Interesting gambling facts:
- The El Rancho Casino & Hotel in Las Vegas was known for a few firsts. It was the first casino/resort on the Strip opening in 1941 with 63 guestrooms. It was also the first to offer a buffet. The cost of the buffet was only $1.00! The El Rancho burned down in 1960 and fortunately no one was hurt.
- By the 1370s, playing cards had reached Europe in a form that is recognizable today, with a pack consisting of 52 cards with suits of swords, polo-sticks, cups and coins.
- Casino gambling, including Indian gaming, is legal in 27 states and most of the casinos have been built in the last 5 years according to "America's Gambling Fever", U. S. News and World Report, 15 Jan 1996
- People earning $10,000 per year gamble more than twice as much money as people earning $30-40,000 per year. People earning $10,000 per year gamble four times as much money as those making $80,000 or more per year.