Betfair results could be good news for investors
Reports in the weekend UK press indicate that online gambling group Betfair will reveal this week that the company is sitting on a cash pile of GBP 180 million which it may deploy to return money to investors.
Related Gambling News:
- Mixed results in Q3-2013 from Betfair
- Betfair releases half year results
- Betfair full year results more promising
- Sportsbetting the driver in latest Betfair results
- Betfair stronger than expected results
- Aussie tennis boosts Betfair Q3 results
- Betfair full year 2013 results posted
- Mybet turns in good HY1 results
- Betfair results for year ended 30 April 2007
- Hard times at Betfair
- Good online results for Loto Quebec
- Fortuna turns in good 9m results
Interesting gambling facts:
- 1926: Las Vegas gets a regular air service. Western Air Express flies between Las Vegas and Salt Lake City. The airfield later becomes the site for the famous Sahara and Hilton hotels.
1931: Gambling is legalized in Nevada on March 19. Construction begins on the long awaited Hoover Dam.
- In 1973, the Commission on the Review of National Policy toward Gambling was created to study gambling in the United States.
- The El Rancho Casino & Hotel in Las Vegas was known for a few firsts. It was the first casino/resort on the Strip opening in 1941 with 63 guestrooms. It was also the first to offer a buffet. The cost of the buffet was only $1.00! The El Rancho burned down in 1960 and fortunately no one was hurt.
- Riverboat Gaming Has Captured 20% of the Casino Market Share. Mississippi now has more gambling square footage than Atlantic City.