Betfair results could be good news for investors
Reports in the weekend UK press indicate that online gambling group Betfair will reveal this week that the company is sitting on a cash pile of GBP 180 million which it may deploy to return money to investors.
Related Gambling News:
- Mixed results in Q3-2013 from Betfair
- Betfair releases half year results
- Betfair full year results more promising
- Sportsbetting the driver in latest Betfair results
- Betfair stronger than expected results
- Aussie tennis boosts Betfair Q3 results
- Betfair full year 2013 results posted
- Mybet turns in good HY1 results
- Betfair results for year ended 30 April 2007
- Hard times at Betfair
- Good online results for Loto Quebec
- Fortuna turns in good 9m results
Gambling casinos info:
- Las Vegas is a testament of the powerful ability of gambling to foster economic development. Because of gambling, Las Vegas has shown impressive job growth, developed into a major city with a low tax burden that many state and local governments look at with envy.
- Indian tribes have used their position as sovereign entities to develop a number of gaming establishments. Indian casinos operate in 22 states. This number is expected to grow.
- Poker is derived from the Persian game of "as nar" and was probably based on the dice game "tali", which was played by the Romans.
- Men and women tend to have different preferences in their gambling. Men are more likely to gamble in games such as blackjack and lotteries and women are more likely to engage in bingo and raffles.