Nicolas Cage to play famed poker player
“Slim has led a picaresque life and is a true American original, and the breadth of his experiences requires a fair amount of research”
A film about the life of gambling legend “Amarillo Slim” is in development and some of it will be shot in Texas, the project’s producer said. via El Paso Times
Related Poker News:
- Nicolas Cardyn Joins Team Ivey
- King of the Cage Super Stars at San Manuel on Aug. 13
- Famed poker player tied up, robbed
- Hard Rock International Announces Strategic Alliance With Caribbean CAGE LLC, A Majority Owned RLJ Company
- Lake of the Torches Resort Casino Teams up With King of the Cage to Bring Mixed Martial Arts Action to Northern Wisconsin
- Ex-casino cage manager sentenced for embezzling from Silver Legacy
- 2011 World Poker Tour Amneville Day 1a: Nicolas Babel Takes Early Chip Lead
- PokerStars.net LAPT Rosario Day 1: Nicolas a oePKaisera Fierro Leads the Way to Day 2
- 10 Great Online Casinos: £900 Free Chips
- Hellmuth launches poker clothing line
- PokerStars.it European Poker Tour Campione Day 1b: Nicolas Chouity Leads
- Female Poker Players Love Luvin Poker!
Do you know that:
- 1941: The Strip gets its first luxury hotel. El Rancho Vegas sets the trend for many of the themed resorts that sprout along the Strip in later years.
1942: The first wedding chapel, the Little Church of the West, opens on the Strip in the Last Frontier Hotel.
- Playing cards are believed to have been invented in China and/or India sometime around 900 A.D. The Chinese are thought to have originated card games when they began shuffling paper money (another Chinese invention) into various combinations.
- By the 18th and 19th centuries a dice game called Hazard had become popular in England and was played by the aristocracy in private gambling houses.
- As early as 1420, lotteries were used in Europe for public works. High-value commodities such as land and art were often sold through lotteries.