Ex-Playtech exec to take Asian company public
AsianLogic, a gambling software company founded by ex-Playtech exec Tom Hall could become the first Asian gambling company to launch a London IPO, according to the Reuters news agency, reporting that the firm is set to list before the Christmas break with a $110 million offer on the AIM.
Related Gambling News:
- No Wembley luck for Asian online gambling company
- Betfair loses another exec
- Another exec departs Zynga
- MGM Mirage exec keen on internet gambling action
- New international development exec for Ladbrokes
- APT Asian Series Sails Into India
- Wine exec jailed following online gambling scam
- Konami Gaming nets Aruze Gaming exec
- New Asian betting partner for Tottenham Hotspurs FC
- New Harrahs Internet Operations Led by Former PartyGaming Exec
- Caesar’s exec urges federal online gambling regulation
- Poker’s Top Asian Pros Eye Top Plum at APT Manila
Interesting gambling information:
- The Great Wall of China was financed, in part, by a lottery. The Bible is replete with references to drawing lots. Lot casting was a favored means of communication between man and god.
- 1967: Elvis Presley marries Priscilla Anne Beaulieu on May 1 in the chapel of the Aladdin Hotel.
1970: Binion's Horseshoe casino hosts the first World Series of Poker.
1971: Female card dealers begin working on the Strip for the first time.
- In 1911 US legislation prohibited stud poker but ruled that draw poker was a game of skill and therefore was not illegal.
- Parimutuel wagering refers to the type of gambling where the total prize pool is based upon the amount of money wagered. The more money gambled, the bigger the prize.