Ex-Playtech exec to take Asian company public
AsianLogic, a gambling software company founded by ex-Playtech exec Tom Hall could become the first Asian gambling company to launch a London IPO, according to the Reuters news agency, reporting that the firm is set to list before the Christmas break with a $110 million offer on the AIM.
Related Gambling News:
- No Wembley luck for Asian online gambling company
- Betfair loses another exec
- Another exec departs Zynga
- MGM Mirage exec keen on internet gambling action
- New international development exec for Ladbrokes
- APT Asian Series Sails Into India
- Wine exec jailed following online gambling scam
- Konami Gaming nets Aruze Gaming exec
- New Asian betting partner for Tottenham Hotspurs FC
- New Harrahs Internet Operations Led by Former PartyGaming Exec
- Mystery over charges against Cantor exec
- Poker’s Top Asian Pros Eye Top Plum at APT Manila
Casino gambling facts:
- Up to the 1960s, Nevada was plagued by teamster financing, hidden ownership, employment of individuals of questionable character and background, and the clear links to organized crime.
- As early as 1420, lotteries were used in Europe for public works. High-value commodities such as land and art were often sold through lotteries.
- Gambling is defined by the Webster's New World Dictionary as the following: to play games of chance for money or some other stake, or to take a risk in order to gain some advantage.
- Bingo as we know it today is a form of lottery and is a direct descendant of Lo Giuoco del Lotto d'Italia - the Italian National Lottery organized in 1530.