World Poker Open To Be Held In January
The New Year is almost upon us, and with it comes a new round of poker tournaments . via 777.com
Related Poker News:
- SeeANZ Offers Customizable Trip to the Aussie Millions and Australian Open Tennis Tournament in Melbourne, Australia in January 2010
- India Poker Legend- January 2012 Tournament Guarantees Over USD 100,000 in Goa
- World Poker Tour World Championship Day 2: Mosseri the Man to Catch
- CelebPoker.com Sends Player Down Under
- Poker dealer button goes high tech, sort of
- Hollywood Casino Brings World Poker Tour
- The #1 Bar Poker League to Host Its World Tavern Poker Open
- Independent Foosball Promotions
- How to play:
- 2006 World Series of Poker…07/10
- Flett Leads More Early 2012 Wichita Regional Poker Player Success
- Announcing The Titan Poker Million Dollar Football Giveaway
Do you know that:
- 1941: The Strip gets its first luxury hotel. El Rancho Vegas sets the trend for many of the themed resorts that sprout along the Strip in later years.
1942: The first wedding chapel, the Little Church of the West, opens on the Strip in the Last Frontier Hotel.
- The second oldest casino hotel resort on the Las Vegas Strip was the Last Frontier and it opened in October of 1942. It had 105 guestrooms and the property was made to look like an old western town. The first casino hotel resort opened just 18 months earlier and was called El Rancho.
- The term "turned the tables" is actually a chess term coming from the mid 1600's. When a player was losing, they would physically turn the chess table to assume the winning side of the table.
- Nevada is the oldest and largest legalized gaming center in the United States. Gaming was legalized in Nevada in 1931 in the middle of the Great Depression as a form of economic stimulant.