Medford hearing postponed, new indictments unsealed
A hearing set for today to determine which lawyer will represent former Buncombe County Sheriff Bobby Medford on federal corruption charges has been postponed and three new indictments have been unsealed in a … via Asheville Citizen-Times
Related Poker News:
- Medford loses appeal of ‘08 bribery conviction
- Hearing on downtown casino postponed to March
- Man attempts Medford bar robbery to regain money lost during video poker, police say
- Betting site CEO’s bail hearing postponed
- k1057 BC-KS-Gambling 1stLd-Writethru 10-13 0197
- Gambling bill hearing draws advocates
- Online gambling bill hearing postponed
- Jack Evans: Internet gambling “hot spots” postponed
- FAI postpone gambling disciplinary hearing
- Former Sheriff Takes The Stand In Gambling Trial
- Sentencing trial underway in illegal video gambling case
- Medford sentenced to 15 years in prison
Interesting gambling information:
- In 1857, Prince Charles III of Monaco decided to introduce gambling to his Mediterranean principality to boost its finances.
- The name blackjack came from an early bet (since discontinued) that paid 10 to 1 if the player got a jack of spades and an ace of spades, both black cards, as the first two cards.
- The casino at Spa, a Belgian resort town noted for its mineral baths, was built by the Prince Bishop of the province of Liege in 1763.
- In 1980, the American Psychological Association included pathological gambling in their Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Third Edition (DSM-III).