Medford hearing postponed, new indictments unsealed
A hearing set for today to determine which lawyer will represent former Buncombe County Sheriff Bobby Medford on federal corruption charges has been postponed and three new indictments have been unsealed in a … via Asheville Citizen-Times
Related Poker News:
- Medford loses appeal of ‘08 bribery conviction
- Hearing on downtown casino postponed to March
- Betting site CEO’s bail hearing postponed
- k1057 BC-KS-Gambling 1stLd-Writethru 10-13 0197
- Gambling bill hearing draws advocates
- Man attempts Medford bar robbery to regain money lost during video poker, police say
- Online gambling bill hearing postponed
- Jack Evans: Internet gambling “hot spots” postponed
- FAI postpone gambling disciplinary hearing
- Former Sheriff Takes The Stand In Gambling Trial
- Sentencing trial underway in illegal video gambling case
- Medford sentenced to 15 years in prison
Gambling history facts:
- The second oldest casino hotel resort on the Las Vegas Strip was the Last Frontier and it opened in October of 1942. It had 105 guestrooms and the property was made to look like an old western town. The first casino hotel resort opened just 18 months earlier and was called El Rancho.
- The brand new resort, Wynn Las Vegas recently opened on the Las Vegas Strip. At a cost of approximately $2.7 billion, the Wynn Las Vegas features 2,700 guestrooms and suites, casino (table games, over 1900 slots/video poker machines, poker room with race and sports book), several restaurants, a night club, golf, a shopping esplanade and a show called Le Reve.
- The age of electronic games began in 1964 with the Nevada Electronic's solid state "21" machines. The most successful of these was the Dale Electronics' Poker-Matic, which could be found in most Nevada casinos.
- Keno, the casino version of lotto, originated in China nearly 2000 years ago when Cheung Heung devised a lottery as a way of raising funds for his province's army.