EC renews warnings to Sweden and Germany
Despite reports in the German press earlier today (Thursday) that the EC was considering a deal on its German problems, the enforcement arm of the European Union has issued renewed warnings to the German and Swedish authorities over their monopolistic gambling restrictions.
Related Gambling News:
- Friday August 21, 2009 - 11:02 EST
- European Commission to censure protectionist EU states
- Street games Technology - theage.com.au del.icio.us
- JackpotCity Bingo Big Hit In Sweden
- 2009 Sweden Online Gambling Year
- EU Probes Gambling Restrictions
- Electronic warnings on VLTs don’t change gambling behaviour:Alta report
- Sweden Relaxing Sports Bet Restrictions?
- Online gambling out in the cold in Germany
- Multilingual online sportsbook launched by 888.com
- Sky Bet renews contract with Openbet
- SBA punters in Sweden
Gambling casinos info:
- 1905: The town of Las Vegas is founded when the San Pedro, Los Angeles and Salt Lake Railroad Company holds a land auction at the site on May 15.
1912: The Majestic - Las Vegas's very first theater - opens, featuring the best vaudeville acts and motion pictures of the time.
- The name of the game "Poker" likely descended from the French poque, which descended from the German pochen ("to knock"), but it is not clear whether the games named by those terms were the real origins of poker.
- Playing cards are believed to have been invented in China and/or India sometime around 900 A.D. The Chinese are thought to have originated card games when they began shuffling paper money (another Chinese invention) into various combinations.
- Las Vegas in Nevada owes its success to the mobster Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel who organized gaming and bookmaking operations for The Mob (the Mafia).