Suspect in Union County Gambling Bust
We have new information about a gambling bust in Union County. This is our first look at the man police say ran the operation.
Related Gambling News:
- Man Connected to Union C. Gambling Ring Still on the Loose
- Internet Gambling Bust in Monroe
- Police: Gambling shut down
- Gambling bust in Harris County nets machines and cash
- Chinese online gambling bust
- Photos: Video poker bust
- Suspect in poker killing enters not guilty plea
- UPDATE Prosecutor ‘doubtful’ gambling suspect will return from China
- Three from area among 30 arrested in gambling bust
- 7 nabbed in gambling bust in Danville
- One snared in bets case is a coach at Union Hill
- Latest state table games plan could be a bust for Adams County casino developers
Interesting gambling facts:
- The casino at Spa, a Belgian resort town noted for its mineral baths, was built by the Prince Bishop of the province of Liege in 1763.
- Horse racing is the best known and widespread parimutuel betting event. Horse racing is the only form of partimutuel wagering legal in California.
- Charles Fey invented the first slot machine way back in 1895. He went on to perfect his initial innovation in 1907, when he teamed with Mills Novelty Company who manufactured the "Mills Liberty Bell".
- Many casinos in Nevada were financed by mobsters. Most notable perhaps was Las Vegas' Flamingo which was opened in 1947 by Bugsy Siegel.