Prime time to legalize sports betting
It’s clear tourism in Ontario faces major challenges, one reason Greg Sorbara was tabbed to run another study to confirm what seems readily apparent. Both Sorbara and tourism minister Peter Fonseca this week made speeches about Ontario needing to offer something new and exciting to draw travellers.
Related Sports Betting News:
- Time to legalize sports betting in NJ
- Is it live or is it Memorex for the Games?
- ABC is betting on prime-time bingo
- Should Delaware and N.J. legalize sports betting?
- Discuss sports betting bid in Parliament, PM told
- State will win bid to legalize sports betting
- Delware takes next step toward legal online sports betting
- NJ votes on whether to legalize sports betting
- Prime Time Dandy
- Backers: It’s time to legalize sports betting
- R.I. legislation would legalize sports betting
- Gov. Christie okays sports betting
Do you know that:
- The Gold Rush brought a huge increase in the amount and types of gambling to California. San Francisco replaced New Orleans as the center for gambling in the United States.
- The first legal lottery in the twentieth century was the New Hampshire Sweepstakes which began on March 12, 1964. Currently 37 states and the District of Columbia operate lotteries.
- The first World Series of Poker was held in downtown Las Vegas at the Horseshoe Casino back in 1970. Then owner of the Horseshoe Jack Binion, hosted the very first one and has agreed to host upcoming World Series of Poker Tournament Circuit. Jack Binion said that is purely honorary and plans on doing other types deals and events in the future.
- The MGM Grand, situated on the a Las Vegas strip has come up with a brand new slogan to promote the casino, "Think of all the New Year's resolutions you'll break." Some say it might even rival the famous Las Vegas catchphrase, "What happens here, stays here."