Casino Smoking Talks Nearer
Assembly Panel Backs Negotiations On Ban Taking the suggestion of the state attorney general and several leading lawmakers, a legislative committee on Monday supported negotiating a smoking ban at the Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun casinos.
Related Casino News:
- Casino plans move a step nearer
- A clear look at two smoking initiatives
- Conn. Considers Casino Smoking Ban
- AC aims to ban smoking on casino floors
- 1st casino goes to trial for smoking
- Bingo not exempt from smoking ban
- 4th Colorado Casino Allowing Smoking
- Poker pro urges casino smoking ban
- Casino Smoking Ban Urged
- Casino industry to forgo smoking ban fight
- Atlantic City Suspends Casino Smoking Ban
- The End of a Bingo Era
Gambling casinos history:
- Many casinos in Nevada were financed by mobsters. Most notable perhaps was Las Vegas' Flamingo which was opened in 1947 by Bugsy Siegel.
- Casino gambling, including Indian gaming, is legal in 27 states and most of the casinos have been built in the last 5 years according to "America's Gambling Fever", U. S. News and World Report, 15 Jan 1996
- 1941: The Strip gets its first luxury hotel. El Rancho Vegas sets the trend for many of the themed resorts that sprout along the Strip in later years.
1942: The first wedding chapel, the Little Church of the West, opens on the Strip in the Last Frontier Hotel.
- Casino is defined by the Webster's New World Dictionary as the following: a small country house, or a building or room used for meetings, or public amusements, gaming, or a game at cards.