March Madness Big Money For Las Vegas Casinos
Casinos are already taking bets for the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament, and it’s only going to get busier from here on out. The stakes are high, but this is the town for placing your bets. Reporter Aaron Drawhorn has the story.
Related Casino News:
- March Madness Trigger For Gambling Problem?
- March Madness betting tips: Patience pays
- Hot Topics Recap: March Madness 2013
- Intertops Sportsbook Offers March Madness Props and Promos as Americans Watch and Bet on College Basketball
- NCAA March Madness Selection Sunday and USDBET Offering Conference Tournament Contest with Cash Prizes
- The cost of March Madness
- March Madness Causes Sports Book Frenzy
- March Madness Can Lead to Gambling
- Let the Madness begin: March college hoops odds
- Beat your bookie: Hidden value in the madness of March
- PaddyPowerPoker.com Poker for the Homeless March Madness II Raises EUR20,000
- PaddyPowerPoker.com Sponsors Poker for the Homeless March Madness II
Gambling casinos info:
- Nevada is the oldest and largest legalized gaming center in the United States. Gaming was legalized in Nevada in 1931 in the middle of the Great Depression as a form of economic stimulant.
- The term "turned the tables" is actually a chess term coming from the mid 1600's. When a player was losing, they would physically turn the chess table to assume the winning side of the table.
- The first World Series of Poker was held in downtown Las Vegas at the Horseshoe Casino back in 1970. Then owner of the Horseshoe Jack Binion, hosted the very first one and has agreed to host upcoming World Series of Poker Tournament Circuit. Jack Binion said that is purely honorary and plans on doing other types deals and events in the future.
- In 1973, the Commission on the Review of National Policy toward Gambling was created to study gambling in the United States.