Will there be another push for bingo
MONTGOMERY With the failure last week of a tax bill that could have filled a 40 million hole in the state General Fund, legislators say they automatically aren’t turning to gambling as a solution to state finance woes.
Related Bingo News:
- BLM in £3.8m bingo ad push
- Playtech Moves in on Bingo in Europe
- Comedy in new Betvictor TV push
- Ministers push Darling to ease bingo tax
- Lawmakers push crackdown on electronic bingo
- Casino gambling gets push
- Mass. Pols Line Up Behind Resort Casino Push
- Group leads anti-casino push
- Shareholders push for pokie controls
- Push continues for more casinos
- Lawmakers push ban on electronic bingo
- Push To Allow More Gambling In NJ
Do you know that:
- In Cuba, during the 1950's, the blackjack shoe was first introduced. The dealers in Cuba handled the cards really well and management thought that the dealers may be being a little too good to their friends. So, to curb their suspicions, management decided to use a "dealing box" which is currently known as a shoe.
- The second oldest casino hotel resort on the Las Vegas Strip was the Last Frontier and it opened in October of 1942. It had 105 guestrooms and the property was made to look like an old western town. The first casino hotel resort opened just 18 months earlier and was called El Rancho.
- During the 1950s, the Senate Committee to Investigate Organized Crime in Interstate Commerce held a number of hearings on criminal influence in the casino industry. The committee was chaired by Senator Estes Kefauver, and the committee is also known by his name.
- The major differences between regular poker and video poker is that you are playing against a machine rather than real people, and your goal is to achieve particular hands rather than beat opponents hands.