S.A.G.E loses appeal in PAGCOR case
A dispute over the cancellation of a contract for the operation of online casinos by the Internet company Sports and Games Entertainment Corporation (SAGE) saw finality in the Philippines Court of Appeals this week.
Related Casino News:
- Collins loses appeal in ‘lyingeyes’ case
- William Hill loses appeal against 32Red trademark ruling
- Littlefield loses legal appeal
- UK national lottery provider loses case against rival
- Laurel Racing Loses Appeal For Slots
- Poker player heist: man loses appeal
- HMRC to appeal in Sportech VAT case
- CA overturns ruling on online casino deal
- Bodog loses domain confiscation appeal
- Germany´s Tipp24 loses constitutional appeal
- State loses last ditch appeal on sports betting
- Delware loses appeal to overturn sports betting restrictions
Interesting gambling information:
- The Gold Rush brought a huge increase in the amount and types of gambling to California. San Francisco replaced New Orleans as the center for gambling in the United States.
- 1905: The town of Las Vegas is founded when the San Pedro, Los Angeles and Salt Lake Railroad Company holds a land auction at the site on May 15.
1912: The Majestic - Las Vegas's very first theater - opens, featuring the best vaudeville acts and motion pictures of the time.
- It was during the 1930's that slot machines began to become very popular across America, and in the late 40's Bugsy Siegel added machines to his Flamingo Hilton hotel in Las Vegas.
- Massachusetts decriminalized bingo in 1931 in an attempt to help churches and charitable organizations raise money. Bingo was legal in 11 states by the 1950s, usually only for charity purposes.