MARION — For many people, a fun night means going out to dinner– or watching a movie… but for others, you can’t match the thrill of Bingo. Some spend every night of the week at one of dozens of Bingo Halls in the area. Against all odds– Bingo is alive and well in southern Illinois.
Related Bingo News:
- Tiki Bingo Player cmonnow Wins Big During Mega Microwave Madness
- Bingo Palace unveils March Madness promotion
- March Madness Can Lead to Gambling
- Let the Madness begin: March college hoops odds
- March Madness Trigger For Gambling Problem?
- March Madness betting tips: Patience pays
- Hot Topics Recap: March Madness 2013
- NCAA March Madness Selection Sunday and USDBET Offering Conference Tournament Contest with Cash Prizes
- The cost of March Madness
- Don’t Miss Out on this Weekend’s Full Tilt Poker’s SNG Madness
- Not Into Sports? Then Try Munch Madness Instead
- There are methods to their Madness
Interesting gambling facts:
- The introduction of the single zero wheel (with better odds for the player) resulted in the demise of the double zero wheels in Europe and has become known as the "French Wheel" in roulette history.
- Horse racing is the best known and widespread parimutuel betting event. Horse racing is the only form of partimutuel wagering legal in California.
- The second oldest casino hotel resort on the Las Vegas Strip was the Last Frontier and it opened in October of 1942. It had 105 guestrooms and the property was made to look like an old western town. The first casino hotel resort opened just 18 months earlier and was called El Rancho.
- U.S. News and World Report did a comparison of crime rates in cities with gambling versus those that do not. The crime rates were significantly higher in the places that allowed gambling.