Greek solution in sight?
Could it be that the Greek government’s policy of restricting access to its gambling market is about to undergo a change? That was the question on Internet gambling observer’s lips this week as Greek media reports from reputable publications like the Greek Herald and Reporter Net carried a brief story on a meeting scheduled for next week between European Commission enforcement chief Charlie McCreevy and Greek economic minister George Alogoskoufis.
Related Casino News:
- The Greek Sportsbook Review
- Greek government to expand OPAP
- Sight Word Bingo Game
- UK Focus) 2009-02-13 15:55 Stanleybet says Greek court shuts outlet again
- Casinos out of sight, out of mind: Goa chief minister
- Intralot on the cloud
- Greek draft on gambling back to the drawsing board
- Greek Draft Legislation Blocks Foreign Poker Sites
- Greek gambling law passed
- Push for big fat Greek lottery
- Little that is new in Greek draft legislation on internet gambling
- Greek scandal brewing at OPAP
Casino gambling information:
- Dice games have existed in one form or another for over 2000 years and were originally played with dice fashioned from the knucklebones of sheep.
- Originally, the double-zero wheel started in Europe and the single-zero wheel started in America. But, Europeans liked the single-zero wheel better, and Americans liked the double-zero wheel better so they switched. Today, the American wheel and double-zero wheel are synonymous.
- In Cuba, during the 1950's, the blackjack shoe was first introduced. The dealers in Cuba handled the cards really well and management thought that the dealers may be being a little too good to their friends. So, to curb their suspicions, management decided to use a "dealing box" which is currently known as a shoe.
- The first recorded betting games were played with marked disks or bones (the forerunners of dice), and spinning wheels or shields.