Committee OKs major gambling expansion in Illinois
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) - A major gambling expansion is starting to make its way through the Illinois Legislature. If approved, the plan would allow three new casinos, let existing casinos grow, and permit slot machines at race tracks.
Related Gambling News:
- Revamped gambling expansion passes Illinois House panel
- Illinois Senate OKs gambling expansion
- Ill. Senate OKs major gambling expansion
- State senate approves major gambling expansion
- Gambling’s future brighter in Illinois, but still uncertain
- Gambling s future brighter in Illinois, but still uncertain
- Ill. Senate approves major gambling expansion
- Madigan: Illinois Needs Casino Regulation Overhaul
- Ill. senators approve gambling expansion
- Senate OKs gambling expansion; bill goes to governor
- Senate OKs major gambling expansion; prospects for passage dim in House
- Lawmakers To Take Up Gambling Expansion
Interesting gambling information:
- Baccara (Italian) or baccarat (French) both translate to "zero" in English. The importance of this name is found in the tens and face cards, both sharing the zero value.
- People earning $10,000 per year gamble more than twice as much money as people earning $30-40,000 per year. People earning $10,000 per year gamble four times as much money as those making $80,000 or more per year.
- 1951: On September 4, Frank Sinatra makes his Vegas debut, performing in the Crystal Room at the Desert Inn.
1959: Wayne Newton performs in Vegas for the first time, despite the fact that he is still too young to enter a casino.
- The Gold Rush brought a huge increase in the amount and types of gambling to California. San Francisco replaced New Orleans as the center for gambling in the United States.