Ill. Senate approves major gambling expansion
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) - The Illinois Senate has approved a major gambling expansion that would include a casino in downtown Chicago. The legislation also includes two other new casinos, allows existing casinos to expand and permits slot machines at race tracks.
Related Gambling News:
- State senate approves major gambling expansion
- Senate OKs gambling expansion; bill goes to governor
- Ill. Senate OKs major gambling expansion
- Senate OKs major gambling expansion; prospects for passage dim in House
- Illinois Senate OKs gambling expansion
- Senate passes Seminole gambling compact as Crist negotiates new agreement
- Casino Expansion Passes Senate, on to House
- 4 new casinos approved in gambling expansion clearing Illinois Senate
- Significant gambling expansion clears Ill. Senate
- Committee OKs major gambling expansion in Illinois
- Tribal gaming accords on the table
- Illinois Senate Votes Down Massive Gambling Expansion
Do you know that:
- The Gold Rush brought a huge increase in the amount and types of gambling to California. San Francisco replaced New Orleans as the center for gambling in the United States.
- The most popular forms of illegal games are "numbers", which is essentially a lottery, and betting with bookies, typically sports betting.
- The most significant forms of illegal gambling in the United States are numbers, betting with bookmakers or bookies, and sports pools or sports cards.
- The first recorded betting games were played with marked disks or bones (the forerunners of dice), and spinning wheels or shields.