Icahn’s big bet on Yahoo hinges on Microsoft sale
Antagonistic investor Carl Icahn became a billionaire by bullying already distressed companies, but his harassment of Yahoo Inc.
Related Poker News:
- Yahoo Sports & Gambling : Sports Odds and Game Spreads
- Yahoo CEO departs
- Online Poker Comes to Yahoo
- Yahoo! searches! abroad! for! online! gambling! riches!
- St. Minver Launch 90-Ball Bingo on Yahoo! UK
- It´s official - Microsoft offer on Yahoo spurned
- IGT Chief leaves Yahoo board
- Yahoo betting on content biz revival
- SanDisk’s Sansa Connect: A New Breed of Media Player
- Yahoo wins multi million dollar lottery judgement
- Friday August 21, 2009 - 11:02 EST
- Yang betting on Y!Open to save Yahoo!
Do you know that:
- The most popular forms of illegal games are "numbers", which is essentially a lottery, and betting with bookies, typically sports betting.
- Men and women tend to have different preferences in their gambling. Men are more likely to gamble in games such as blackjack and lotteries and women are more likely to engage in bingo and raffles.
- When traveling to Las Vegas be sure to check out some of the incredible scenery outside of the city. Lake Mead is about 45 minutes away from the city and is a beautiful place to cool off. When things get really hot, give Mount Charleston a try. It\'s approximately 30 degrees cooler. Red Rock Canyon is only a 30 drive. There is also the stunning Valley of Fire which is 1 hour away from Las Vegas.
- 1946: Two famous landmarks open: Bugsy Siegel's Flamingo, and the Golden Nugget. Nevada levies its first gaming tax.
1949: Benny Binion sets up a high-stakes poker game at his Horseshoe casino between Nick "The Greek" Dandalos and Johnny Moss. It turns into an epic five-month poker match, laying the foundations for the World Series of Poker.