Icahn’s big bet on Yahoo hinges on Microsoft sale
Antagonistic investor Carl Icahn became a billionaire by bullying already distressed companies, but his harassment of Yahoo Inc.
Related Poker News:
- Yahoo Sports & Gambling : Sports Odds and Game Spreads
- Yahoo CEO departs
- Online Poker Comes to Yahoo
- Yahoo! searches! abroad! for! online! gambling! riches!
- St. Minver Launch 90-Ball Bingo on Yahoo! UK
- It´s official - Microsoft offer on Yahoo spurned
- IGT Chief leaves Yahoo board
- Yahoo betting on content biz revival
- SanDisk’s Sansa Connect: A New Breed of Media Player
- Yahoo wins multi million dollar lottery judgement
- Friday August 21, 2009 - 11:02 EST
- Yang betting on Y!Open to save Yahoo!
Gambling history facts:
- Massachusetts decriminalized bingo in 1931 in an attempt to help churches and charitable organizations raise money. Bingo was legal in 11 states by the 1950s, usually only for charity purposes.
- Las Vegas in Nevada owes its success to the mobster Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel who organized gaming and bookmaking operations for The Mob (the Mafia).
- The current wave of legal lotteries started in New Hampshire, spread to other North-Eastern states, and then across the nation.
- Poker is derived from the Persian game of "as nar" and was probably based on the dice game "tali", which was played by the Romans.