Report: Slots hurt Pa. lottery sales near casinos
Slot-machine gambling appears to be hurting lottery ticket sales the most in areas near casinos, although gambling alone cannot be blamed for a slowdown in Pennsylvania Lottery sales statewide, according to a new legislative report.
Related Casino News:
- AP: Analysis says slots hurt Pa. lottery sales near casinos
- Analysis: Slots Hurt Lottery Sales Near Casinos
- Casinos not hurting Pa. lottery sales
- New report: Slots hurting Pa. lottery sales near casinos
- Slots apparently hurting state lottery sales near casinos
- Slots Revenue Falls as Lottery Sales Rise
- Report: Slots gambling hurting Pennsylvania Lottery sales near casinos
- Slots hurting nearby lotteries
- A lot of scratch: Big games reinvigorate lottery sales
- GAMING INDUSTRY - Cahill: Casinos will not hurt state lottery sales
- Oregon Lottery passes $1 billion in sales
- Mass. to consider online lottery sales
Casino gambling information:
- 1905: The town of Las Vegas is founded when the San Pedro, Los Angeles and Salt Lake Railroad Company holds a land auction at the site on May 15.
1912: The Majestic - Las Vegas's very first theater - opens, featuring the best vaudeville acts and motion pictures of the time.
- Originally, the double-zero wheel started in Europe and the single-zero wheel started in America. But, Europeans liked the single-zero wheel better, and Americans liked the double-zero wheel better so they switched. Today, the American wheel and double-zero wheel are synonymous.
- 1941: The Strip gets its first luxury hotel. El Rancho Vegas sets the trend for many of the themed resorts that sprout along the Strip in later years.
1942: The first wedding chapel, the Little Church of the West, opens on the Strip in the Last Frontier Hotel.
- People earning $10,000 per year gamble more than twice as much money as people earning $30-40,000 per year. People earning $10,000 per year gamble four times as much money as those making $80,000 or more per year.