Photo Essay: Comic Con Bingo 2008
Love it or leave it, you have to admit that the San Diego Comic Con brings out the ten year old kid in all of the attendees (including, this year, many entertainment types, who ran around the floor pleading, “I want it. I WANT IT.”) Here are some pictures of life in and around last weekend’s con, some great displays, awesome costumes, even a couple of panels. This year there were significantly …
Related Bingo News:
- ‘Lost’ creator joins ‘Ultimate’ comic universe
- Bill Hester: Buyout Bingo — A Sucker’s Game
- Garfield's Comic Boom Receives NAPPA Honors Award
- Casino Royale — the comic
- Comic Hero Hellboy Becomes Online Casino Star
- Garfield”’’s Comic Boom Receives NAPPA Honors Award
- Bingo time for Abhi, Arshad
- Bodog Announces Deal to Release Graphic Novel by Top Comic Talents
- Touring troupe will stage comic Queen of Bingo
- Microgaming licenses comic book hero Hellboy
- Bingo Turns 300
- Great Armchair Reads
Gambling casinos info:
- French mathematicians Pierre de Fermat and Blaise Pascal explored the mathematics of gambling, leading to the formulation of Pascal's theory of probability in 1654.
- In 1978, New Jersey became the second state to legalize casino gambling in an attempt to revitalize the rundown resort area of Atlantic City. The legalization was restricted only to Atlantic City.
- 1926: Las Vegas gets a regular air service. Western Air Express flies between Las Vegas and Salt Lake City. The airfield later becomes the site for the famous Sahara and Hilton hotels.
1931: Gambling is legalized in Nevada on March 19. Construction begins on the long awaited Hoover Dam.
- U.S. News and World Report did a comparison of crime rates in cities with gambling versus those that do not. The crime rates were significantly higher in the places that allowed gambling.