DA: organized crime gambling ring out of luck
Reputed Gambino organized crime family capo Nicholas Corozzo has admitted to operating a highly sophisticated illegal gambling enterprise in Queens and elsewhere that booked nearly $10 million in wagers over a two-year period on professional and college sports such as basketball, football, baseball, hockey and other sporting events.
Related Gambling News:
- Busted illegal online gambling ring: Defendants have ties to organized crime, past gambling arrests
- Feds: Alleged Organized Crime Ring Ran Poker Games For Rich And Famous
- Trial of 22 opens in SW China on organized crime, gambling charges
- Abe Mosseri, Bill Edler, & Peter Feldman Among 34 Indicted in Major FBI Gambling Bust
- Leader in Rhode Island gambling ring sentenced to jail
- not Your Average Syndicate: The Rise and Fall of an Albanian Organized Crime Ring
- Crime Clan Ran Big Betting Ring in Va., Police Say
- Trial set for Mass. man accused in gambling ring
- 2 Plead Guilty in Operation of Gambling Ring in Bronx
- Commission: Gambling Expansion Will Draw Organized Crime
- Gambling ring allegedly connected to organized crime
- New Jersey Police Crack Sports Gambling Ring
Interesting gambling information:
- It was during the 1930's that slot machines began to become very popular across America, and in the late 40's Bugsy Siegel added machines to his Flamingo Hilton hotel in Las Vegas.
- Casino is defined by the Webster's New World Dictionary as the following: a small country house, or a building or room used for meetings, or public amusements, gaming, or a game at cards.
- The brand new resort, Wynn Las Vegas recently opened on the Las Vegas Strip. At a cost of approximately $2.7 billion, the Wynn Las Vegas features 2,700 guestrooms and suites, casino (table games, over 1900 slots/video poker machines, poker room with race and sports book), several restaurants, a night club, golf, a shopping esplanade and a show called Le Reve.
- The first World Series of Poker was held in downtown Las Vegas at the Horseshoe Casino back in 1970. Then owner of the Horseshoe Jack Binion, hosted the very first one and has agreed to host upcoming World Series of Poker Tournament Circuit. Jack Binion said that is purely honorary and plans on doing other types deals and events in the future.