Indonesia: Gambling That Tolerance Will Trump Fear
Can democracy prevent the spread of militant Islam in a nation with the world?s largest Muslim population?
Related Gambling News:
- Five caned for gambling in Indonesia
- ‘Moderate’ Indonesia: Online Poker Players Facing 7 Month Jail Sentence
- Indonesia Police Concede Latest Gambling Crackdown
- More online gambling arrests in Indonesia
- Four arrested in bust of US gambling ring in Indonesia
- Trump This! The Donald’s Casinos To Drop $1,000,000 On Car Giveaway
- Trump Casinos Must Face Examiners Review of Donald Trump Deal
- Trump Casinos to Face Examiner on Donald Trump Deal
- Trumps Leave Board of Trump Casino Company
- Trump says bon voyage to Gary casino
- Icahn executive: Trump name not needed on casinos
- Non-casino firm seen as Trump buyer
Gambling history facts:
- Lotteries were brought to America in the 1800s by the thousands of Chinese immigrants who worked in the mines and on the railroads.
- The word Casino originally meant a public hall for music and dancing. By the second half of the 19th century, the term essentially meant a collection of gaming or gambling rooms. The classic example of a casino, is the casino at Monte-Carlo, which was opened in 1861.
- The first recorded betting games were played with marked disks or bones (the forerunners of dice), and spinning wheels or shields.
- A nationwide survey by the U.S. Travel Industry Association found that 38% of all U.S. residents have been to Las Vegas in their lifetime. The average length of visitors' stay in Las Vegas was almost 4 days (3.7).