Slots Revenue Falls as Lottery Sales Rise
Slot machine revenues at Connecticut?s casinos have dropped just as state lottery sales are rising, two trends that may be linked by high gas prices and the region?s ailing economy.
Related Slots News:
- Casinos not hurting Pa. lottery sales
- W.Va. Lottery Takes $6.2B Since 1986
- Report: Slots hurt Pa. lottery sales near casinos
- New report: Slots hurting Pa. lottery sales near casinos
- Slots apparently hurting state lottery sales near casinos
- Report: Slots gambling hurting Pennsylvania Lottery sales near casinos
- Pennsylvania Lottery Achieves Near-Record Annual Sales; Record Instant Game Sales
- AP: Analysis says slots hurt Pa. lottery sales near casinos
- Analysis: Slots Hurt Lottery Sales Near Casinos
- Slots hurting nearby lotteries
- A lot of scratch: Big games reinvigorate lottery sales
- Casinos may be squeezing state lottery revenue
Gambling casinos info:
- Poker is derived from the Persian game of "as nar" and was probably based on the dice game "tali", which was played by the Romans.
- If you have even seen a Baccarat player bend the cards and make a fold in them, don't be surprised. This is common because once the decks in the card shoe are finished in Baccarat, they are usually thrown away. In Baccarat, do not bet on a tie hand.
- Charles Fey invented the first slot machine way back in 1895. He went on to perfect his initial innovation in 1907, when he teamed with Mills Novelty Company who manufactured the "Mills Liberty Bell".
- 1994: On New Year's Day Frank Sinatra gives his last Las Vegas performance at the MGM Grand.
1998: Opening of the Bellagio. With 3,026 rooms it is the largest hotel in the world, and also the most expensive - it cost $1.7 billion to build.