Casino Closer To Coming To Iowa
A $90 million casino and golf resort is closer to coming to Lyon County, Iowa.
Related Casino News:
- NW Iowa pitches plan for casino
- Wild Rose moves closer to KC casino approval
- PLACE YOUR BETS: Iowa lawmakers consider the odds of legalizing sports betting
- Ilene Angel: Comedy, Tragedy, and the Big “Tell” at the Republican Debate
- Legal Sports Betting Coming to Iowa?
- Iowa To Decide On More Casinos
- Panel won’t take new Iowa casino applications
- Iowa tries to block tribes casino plans
- 1st question in slot debate:
- Mo.: Rule on Casino Locations Pulled
- Hiking, Bingo in SWI
- Iowa studies tout S.D. border casino
Gambling casinos history:
- Massachusetts decriminalized bingo in 1931 in an attempt to help churches and charitable organizations raise money. Bingo was legal in 11 states by the 1950s, usually only for charity purposes.
- Catholics were found to be more likely to gamble than Protestants and other religious groups. Catholics were also found to be less likely to disapprove of gambling than other religious groups.
- Horse racing is the best known and widespread parimutuel betting event. Horse racing is the only form of partimutuel wagering legal in California.
- When traveling to Las Vegas be sure to check out some of the incredible scenery outside of the city. Lake Mead is about 45 minutes away from the city and is a beautiful place to cool off. When things get really hot, give Mount Charleston a try. It\'s approximately 30 degrees cooler. Red Rock Canyon is only a 30 drive. There is also the stunning Valley of Fire which is 1 hour away from Las Vegas.