Public hearing on Clark County smoking ban
WINCHESTER . Citizens’ opinions were split during a public hearing Thursday night about a proposed smoking ban in Clark County. On Sept. 23, the Clark County Board of Health approved on first reading a county-wide ban on smoking in enclosed public places. The establishments affected would include bars, bingo halls, restaurants and retail stores. About 25 people came to the hearing …
Related Bingo News:
- Clark County Smoking Ban in Effect
- Hearing to be held on North County casino
- Judge sets hearing on bingo
- State Senate bans public smoking
- Board Still Hearing Wyandotte County Casino Proposals
- Clark County casino vote most likely came too late
- Bureau to hold hearing on casino
- Hall schedules hearing Monday on electronic bingo regulations
- Slots Hearing Complicated by News of Developer’s Plan to Buy Racetracks
- Bingo proposal advanced to public hearing stage
- Analysis of gambling market key to Clark casino
- Public Input Hearing to Consider Permitting Table Games at parx casino Scheduled for March 10th
Gambling casinos info:
- The first legal lottery in the twentieth century was the New Hampshire Sweepstakes which began on March 12, 1964. Currently 37 states and the District of Columbia operate lotteries.
- In 1891, Sittman and Pitt of Brooklyn began to manufacture the first nationally known poker card machines. The machines maintained their enormous popularity until just before World War I.
- Lotteries, along with their close derivative bingo, are the most popular kinds of gambling. The popularity of lottery games is not limited to state-run lotteries. Indian tribes run lotteries and illegal lotteries still exist.
- As early as 1420, lotteries were used in Europe for public works. High-value commodities such as land and art were often sold through lotteries.