ECONOMY STALLS HOTEL, MALL AT SANDS EXCLUSIVE REPORT Gaming on target: Sources say casino may be the only part opening …
Casino officials are finding it difficult to find tenants for the proposed mall.
Related Casino News:
- Analyst: Credit crunch forcing Sands to focus on casinos
- Lady luck could bring early Sands Casino opening
- Pa. gaming firm exploring slots casino at Laurel Park
- VeriFone Exclusive Payment Solutions Supplier for Newly Opened Marina Bay Sands
- Sands Casino in Bethlehem opens hotel
- Venetian gamble paid off
- Sands Casino to work anew on 300-room hotel
- Sands Casino in Bethlehem opens 300-room hotel
- Las Vegas Sands Submits $3.6 Billion Singapore Bid
- Sands Casino to Close After 26 Years
- A taste of slots in action
- Hotels and casinos plan for slowing economy
Casino gambling facts:
- The famous banker J.P. Morgan once walked out of a Monte Carlo casino because the stakes were too low? At the time, the maximum wager was 12,000 francs and Morgan wanted it increased to 20,000 francs. When the casino manager refused to increase the limit, Morgan left the casino saying "12,000 francs! I have no time to lose such ridiculous amounts."
- It was during the 1930's that slot machines began to become very popular across America, and in the late 40's Bugsy Siegel added machines to his Flamingo Hilton hotel in Las Vegas.
- Baccara (Italian) or baccarat (French) both translate to "zero" in English. The importance of this name is found in the tens and face cards, both sharing the zero value.
- Las Vegas is a testament of the powerful ability of gambling to foster economic development. Because of gambling, Las Vegas has shown impressive job growth, developed into a major city with a low tax burden that many state and local governments look at with envy.