Sector Snap: Casinos up as liquidity concerns ease
Casino operators’ stocks climbed Friday as credit and liquidity concerns eased and investors reacted to Wynn Resorts Ltd.’s upbeat third-quarter earnings results.
Related Casino News:
- Sector Snap: Analysts fear weak qtr for casinos
- Sector Snap: Casinos jump as MGM announces funding
- Moody’s: Gambling sector demand still soft in 2009
- Sector roundup: Casinos, airlines
- International player liquidity draws closer
- Sector Snap: Casinos cos. up, gaming measures eyed
- Sector Snap: Analysts cautious on casino industry
- Sector Snap: Las Vegas casinos
- Sector Snap: Casino Stocks Mixed
- Latest Jackpotjoy game in a snap
- Sector Snap: Casinos fall as MGM eyes capital
- Sector Snap: Casinos with Macau properties decline
Do you know that:
- One of the oldest casinos in Europe, at Baden Baden in Germany, was opened in 1748 by Edouard Benazet, who employed Parisian craftsmen to design the stylish rooms.
- 1973: The MGM Grand opens on the Strip, becoming the world's largest hotel.
1989: One of Vegas's most extravag-ant hotels opens. Steve Wynn's Mirage resort features a man-made volcano and over 3,000 rooms. Siegfried and Roy sign a $57 million, five-year contract to provide entertainment at the hotel.
- The first airplane flight to Las Vegas was made in May, 1920, with Lieutenant Randall Henderson, editor of the Blythe, California Herald, and Jack Beckley.
- The Great Wall of China was financed, in part, by a lottery. The Bible is replete with references to drawing lots. Lot casting was a favored means of communication between man and god.