Tabcorp names new casinos boss
The Australian gambling group Tabcorp’s new casino boss is to be Larry Mullin (46), a highly experienced executive recruited from Atlantic City in the United States. Mullin will replace former CEO Walter Bugno who leaves early in 2009 to take up a new appointment in London
Related Casino News:
- Gaming: Tatts considers Tabcorp form
- Tabcorp chasing territory
- Tabcorp wants online betting exchanges banned
- Tabcorp says casinos going strong
- Tabcorp raises A$ 250 million
- Logo changes at Tabcorp
- Financial boost for Tabcorp
- Tabcorp revenues rise
- Tabcorp expands IPTV deal
- New Aussie licence for Tabcorp
- Digital betting good for Tabcorp
- Victorian deal hailed as a new era for Tabcorp
Casino gambling facts:
- Nevada is the oldest and largest legalized gaming center in the United States. Gaming was legalized in Nevada in 1931 in the middle of the Great Depression as a form of economic stimulant.
- Playing cards are believed to have been invented in China and/or India sometime around 900 A.D. The Chinese are thought to have originated card games when they began shuffling paper money (another Chinese invention) into various combinations.
- The most popular form of charitable gambling is bingo. In California, bingo is the only charitable game that is legal.
- People earning $10,000 per year gamble more than twice as much money as people earning $30-40,000 per year. People earning $10,000 per year gamble four times as much money as those making $80,000 or more per year.