Tabcorp names new casinos boss
The Australian gambling group Tabcorp’s new casino boss is to be Larry Mullin (46), a highly experienced executive recruited from Atlantic City in the United States. Mullin will replace former CEO Walter Bugno who leaves early in 2009 to take up a new appointment in London
Related Casino News:
- Gaming: Tatts considers Tabcorp form
- Tabcorp chasing territory
- Tabcorp wants online betting exchanges banned
- Tabcorp says casinos going strong
- Tabcorp raises A$ 250 million
- Logo changes at Tabcorp
- Financial boost for Tabcorp
- Online good for Tabcorp
- Tabcorp revenues rise
- Tabcorp expands IPTV deal
- New Aussie licence for Tabcorp
- Digital betting good for Tabcorp
Interesting gambling facts:
- Casino gambling, including Indian gaming, is legal in 27 states and most of the casinos have been built in the last 5 years according to "America's Gambling Fever", U. S. News and World Report, 15 Jan 1996
- By the 1370s, playing cards had reached Europe in a form that is recognizable today, with a pack consisting of 52 cards with suits of swords, polo-sticks, cups and coins.
- The name of the game "Poker" likely descended from the French poque, which descended from the German pochen ("to knock"), but it is not clear whether the games named by those terms were the real origins of poker.
- In Paris, legislation prohibiting playing cards was passed in 1377, and in Italy, playing cards and dice were burned.