Tabcorp kicks against casino tax bite
Tabcorp has reacted angrily to news that the Queensland Government will raise taxes on electronic gaming machines in casinos.
Related Casino News:
- Tabcorp says casinos going strong
- Tabcorp raises A$ 250 million
- Logo changes at Tabcorp
- Tabcorp First-Half Net Rises 13% on Casinos, Gaming
- Casinos on block in Tabcorp split
- Financial boost for Tabcorp
- Tabcorp casinos doing well, thanks: CEO
- Tabcorp revenues rise
- Tabcorp expands IPTV deal
- Tabcorp approves split
- New Aussie licence for Tabcorp
- Digital betting good for Tabcorp
Interesting gambling facts:
- Casino gambling, including Indian gaming, is legal in 27 states and most of the casinos have been built in the last 5 years according to "America's Gambling Fever", U. S. News and World Report, 15 Jan 1996
- The first airplane flight to Las Vegas was made in May, 1920, with Lieutenant Randall Henderson, editor of the Blythe, California Herald, and Jack Beckley.
- Baccara (Italian) or baccarat (French) both translate to "zero" in English. The importance of this name is found in the tens and face cards, both sharing the zero value.
- At land-based casinos, both the player and the boxman need to be on the lookout for crooked dice in the game of craps. Each number when added together with the number on the side opposite it, will add up to 7. For example, 6 is opposite to 1. When the dice are crooked, they do not add up to 7.