Casino action chills with the holiday — and the weather
Gamblers typically stay away from casinos during the week of Christmas. So the week’s arctic weather and treacherous road conditions haven’t greatly impacted Spirit Mountain Casino, Oregon’s number one tourist attraction. On an average day, between 7,000 and 10,000 visitors…
Related Casino News:
- Weather Lottery moves towards online betting
- New name for The Weather Lottery plc
- Recommend an online casino to your friend as a holiday gift
- The Weather Lottery acquires payment processor
- The Weather Lottery cuts losses
- U93 Holiday Bingo
- The Weather Lottery losses mount
- Off the Felt with Tony G - Holiday Edition
- Finance director appointed at The Weather Lottery
- Betting on movies is a crapshoot
- The Weather Lotter acquires lottery management firm
- FCBetz disappointing for The Weather Lottery
Casino gambling information:
- In 1911, the state of California ruled that "draw" poker was a skill, and thus could not be banned under existing anti-gambling laws. However, "Stud" poker was still considered illegal at the time.
- The casino at Spa, a Belgian resort town noted for its mineral baths, was built by the Prince Bishop of the province of Liege in 1763.
- In Cuba, during the 1950's, the blackjack shoe was first introduced. The dealers in Cuba handled the cards really well and management thought that the dealers may be being a little too good to their friends. So, to curb their suspicions, management decided to use a "dealing box" which is currently known as a shoe.
- A nationwide survey by the U.S. Travel Industry Association found that 38% of all U.S. residents have been to Las Vegas in their lifetime. The average length of visitors' stay in Las Vegas was almost 4 days (3.7).