Casino action chills with the holiday — and the weather
Gamblers typically stay away from casinos during the week of Christmas. So the week’s arctic weather and treacherous road conditions haven’t greatly impacted Spirit Mountain Casino, Oregon’s number one tourist attraction. On an average day, between 7,000 and 10,000 visitors…
Related Casino News:
- Weather Lottery moves towards online betting
- Recommend an online casino to your friend as a holiday gift
- U93 Holiday Bingo
- The Weather Lottery cuts losses
- Off the Felt with Tony G - Holiday Edition
- The Weather Lottery losses mount
- Finance director appointed at The Weather Lottery
- Betting on movies is a crapshoot
- FCBetz disappointing for The Weather Lottery
- Warm weather helps casinos
- Drag Queen Bingo Holiday Edition Tonight at Jo’s Downtown
- Cold Weather NFL Games and Totals
Gambling history facts:
- A nationwide survey by the U.S. Travel Industry Association found that 38% of all U.S. residents have been to Las Vegas in their lifetime. The average length of visitors' stay in Las Vegas was almost 4 days (3.7).
- The first legal lottery in the twentieth century was the New Hampshire Sweepstakes which began on March 12, 1964. Currently 37 states and the District of Columbia operate lotteries.
- Horse racing is the best known and widespread parimutuel betting event. Horse racing is the only form of partimutuel wagering legal in California.
- When traveling to Las Vegas be sure to check out some of the incredible scenery outside of the city. Lake Mead is about 45 minutes away from the city and is a beautiful place to cool off. When things get really hot, give Mount Charleston a try. It\'s approximately 30 degrees cooler. Red Rock Canyon is only a 30 drive. There is also the stunning Valley of Fire which is 1 hour away from Las Vegas.