Fire Destroys Franklin Bingo Hall
The Kentucky State Line Bingo Hall is believed to be a complete loss after a fire started in the kitchen. Sunday afternoon, the owner and several managers of the hall were left searching through the damage.
Related Bingo News:
- Fire destroys former bingo hall
- Charity Organizations Make Other Plans After Bingo Hall Catches Fire
- Bingo Hall Damaged By Fire
- Basket bingo at fire hall
- Bingo revenues drop for many Franklin County area fire companies
- Fire Damages Local Bingo Hall
- Hobson City bingo hall on fire
- Basket Bingo is Saturday at Savage Fire Hall
- Hobson City bingo hall destroyed by fire
- Beer at the Fire Hall
- Fire damages Ceres Assyrian hall
- Police Nab Suspected ‘Bingo Bandit’
Gambling history facts:
- 1946: Two famous landmarks open: Bugsy Siegel's Flamingo, and the Golden Nugget. Nevada levies its first gaming tax.
1949: Benny Binion sets up a high-stakes poker game at his Horseshoe casino between Nick "The Greek" Dandalos and Johnny Moss. It turns into an epic five-month poker match, laying the foundations for the World Series of Poker.
- French mathematicians Pierre de Fermat and Blaise Pascal explored the mathematics of gambling, leading to the formulation of Pascal's theory of probability in 1654.
- It was during the 1930's that slot machines began to become very popular across America, and in the late 40's Bugsy Siegel added machines to his Flamingo Hilton hotel in Las Vegas.
- 1905: The town of Las Vegas is founded when the San Pedro, Los Angeles and Salt Lake Railroad Company holds a land auction at the site on May 15.
1912: The Majestic - Las Vegas's very first theater - opens, featuring the best vaudeville acts and motion pictures of the time.