Fire at Hunter Army Airfield still being fought
An extensive fire in Bingo Hall at Hunter Army Airfield continues to burn this morning, said Steve Hart, public affairs officer at Hunter. Firefighters on the base responded to the blaze about 4 a.m. Neither Savannah Fire nor Southside Fire departments were called to assist. The cause of the fire is unknown. Officials estimate it will take another hour to completely douse the flames.
Related Bingo News:
- Fire burns historic Hunter Army Airfield building
- Fire damages storage unit at Hunter
- R.Paniagua, Inc. Announces the U.S. Army MWR Domino Tournament
- Former video gambling operation donates to Salvation Army
- Army casino protest
- Hays County makes its first major gambling bust
- Salvation Army says no to gambling money
- Salvation Army opens new doors The local Salvation Army has completed phase one of the renovation to the old bingo hall
- Salvation Army no to gambling cash a winner
- Melfort Bingo Hall donated to Salvation Army The former Bingo Hall along Saskatchewan Avenue has been donated to the
- Salvation Army objects to casino
- Army riding high, set for Air Force clash Betting analysis
Gambling casinos info:
- The first games that we would recognize as modern roulette were introduced in Paris casinos around the end of the 18th century. In the mid 19th century the single zero game was invented in France, this reduced the casino's edge thereby increasing the odds of the player.
- Dice games have existed in one form or another for over 2000 years and were originally played with dice fashioned from the knucklebones of sheep.
- 1941: The Strip gets its first luxury hotel. El Rancho Vegas sets the trend for many of the themed resorts that sprout along the Strip in later years.
1942: The first wedding chapel, the Little Church of the West, opens on the Strip in the Last Frontier Hotel.
- Legal gambling activities include state lotteries; parimutuel betting on horses, greyhounds, and jai-alai; sports book-making; card games; keno; bingo; slot machines; progressive slot machines; video poker machines; video keno machines; video blackjack machines; and video roulette machines.