Fire at Hunter Army Airfield still being fought
An extensive fire in Bingo Hall at Hunter Army Airfield continues to burn this morning, said Steve Hart, public affairs officer at Hunter. Firefighters on the base responded to the blaze about 4 a.m. Neither Savannah Fire nor Southside Fire departments were called to assist. The cause of the fire is unknown. Officials estimate it will take another hour to completely douse the flames.
Related Bingo News:
- Fire burns historic Hunter Army Airfield building
- Fire damages storage unit at Hunter
- R.Paniagua, Inc. Announces the U.S. Army MWR Domino Tournament
- Former video gambling operation donates to Salvation Army
- Army casino protest
- Hays County makes its first major gambling bust
- Salvation Army says no to gambling money
- Salvation Army opens new doors The local Salvation Army has completed phase one of the renovation to the old bingo hall
- Salvation Army no to gambling cash a winner
- Melfort Bingo Hall donated to Salvation Army The former Bingo Hall along Saskatchewan Avenue has been donated to the
- Salvation Army objects to casino
- Army riding high, set for Air Force clash Betting analysis
Gambling history facts:
- The word Casino originally meant a public hall for music and dancing. By the second half of the 19th century, the term essentially meant a collection of gaming or gambling rooms. The classic example of a casino, is the casino at Monte-Carlo, which was opened in 1861.
- Although baccara has its origins in medieval Italy, it soon spread to France, where it was called "chemin de fer" (meaning railway, due to the action of the card box or shoe passing around the table on "tracks").
- 1993: Steve Wynn buys the Dune Hotel, then implodes it to make way for the Bellagio. The new MGM Grand is completed, once again becoming the world's largest hotel. On December 31, Barbra Streisand stars in the inaugural concert at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.
- If you are planning a trip to Las Vegas, be sure to take advantage of the free sights and attractions. They include - Fremont Street Experience, the Fountains of Bellagio, the Sirens of TI, Volcano at the Mirage, tiger display at the entrance of the Mirage, tour of Ethel M's Chocolate Factory, Bellagio Botanical Gardens, Masquerade Show in the Sky at the Rio, Hand of Faith at the Golden Nugget, landmark replicas at the Paris and the Venetian properties and more.