Betting on March Madness payoff
Call it the new March Madness: trying to determining Oregon’s reward for hosting the NCAA men’s basketball tournament in three weeks. The arrival of college sports’ biggest show may not be quite the economic bonanza some imagine. It also seems unlikely to be a dud, as some economists envision, because…
Related Sports Betting News:
- March Madness betting tips: Patience pays
- Hot Topics Recap: March Madness 2013
- NCAA March Madness Selection Sunday and USDBET Offering Conference Tournament Contest with Cash Prizes
- The cost of March Madness
- March Madness Can Lead to Gambling
- Local Boost Thanks to March Madness Betting
- Beat your bookie: Hidden value in the madness of March
- March Madness novices bet with their hearts, not heads
- betED.com unveils Live Betting for March Madness
- The Pinnacle Pulse — March Madness Betting Strategy From PinnacleSports.com
- March Madness Causes Sports Book Frenzy
- March Madness office pools may finally go legit
Gambling history facts:
- The most popular forms of illegal games are "numbers", which is essentially a lottery, and betting with bookies, typically sports betting.
- Lotteries Have Been Prominent Throughout History. Ancient India, China, Greece, and Japan all had lotteries. The emperor Nero had lotteries for prizes at parties.
- Poker is derived from the Persian game of "as nar" and was probably based on the dice game "tali", which was played by the Romans.
- In 1978, New Jersey became the second state to legalize casino gambling in an attempt to revitalize the rundown resort area of Atlantic City. The legalization was restricted only to Atlantic City.