Online casino group branches out into a lottery
Casino Rewards, the Australia-based Microgaming online casino operator that owns 18 (maybe 19 soon) Internet casinos has announced that it is to diversify its offering by getting into the online lottery sector.
Related Casino News:
- Online Free Bet Site Low Risk Winner Branches Out by Introducing Poker and Bingo
- Pokie licences debt closes RSLs
- So Who Plays Poker Anyway?
- More Latin American action
- Microgaming Group Releases Even More Online Casino Games at online casino news and casinos update
- Yazino Online Casino branches out
- Rescue mission. Casino Rewards steps in on Tusk debacle
- Online Casino Guide Certifies Another Gambling Group
- Villento Brands Online Casino Group Receives Independent Certification
- Free Bonuses for New Online Casino Games at online casino news and casinos update
- Online casino group adds NextGen games
- Legalized gambling branches out across Asia
Gambling history facts:
- Blackjack originated in French casinos around the 1700's where it was called "vingt-et-un" (twenty-and-one) and has been in United States since the 1800's.
- Legal gambling operations in Washington reported $1.7 billion in net receipts in 2005: 61 percent was reported by tribal casinos, 10 percent came from the state lottery. 2 percent of responders in a February state survey said they placed bets online.
- Pathological gambling is recognized as a medical disorder by the American Psychiatric Association and has elements of addiction similar to alcohol and drug addiction.
- Keno, the casino version of lotto, originated in China nearly 2000 years ago when Cheung Heung devised a lottery as a way of raising funds for his province's army.