BREAKING NEWS: Bingo development agreement approved unanimously
The Etowah County Commission voted unanimously today to approve a development agreement for the proposed charitable bingo facility in the county. A special meeting was called for the vote.
Related Bingo News:
- Bingo development agreement being drafted
- Commission set to approve bingo development agreement
- Commission to vote on using law firm to draft agreement
- Electronic bingo on its way to Etowah County
- CBS Supply to invest $200 million in bingo development
- Play Some Breaking Bad Bingo
- ComTrade Announces Technology Development Agreement with Bally Technologies
- Two charged wtih breaking into bingo business
- Chamber endorses bingo development
- FLorida Legislature close on budget agreement
- Lakes Entertainment Announces Termination of Jamul Agreement
- Station Casinos Enters into a Patent Licensing and Strategic R&D Agreement with DEQ Systems and Makes an Equity …
Gambling casinos info:
- Pathological gambling is recognized as a medical disorder by the American Psychiatric Association and has elements of addiction similar to alcohol and drug addiction.
- Casino chips were used in the 18th century as a substitute for money being wagered. Originally, they were pieces of bones, mother of pearl or ivory engraved with the name of the casino and their respective value.
- One of the oldest casinos in Europe, at Baden Baden in Germany, was opened in 1748 by Edouard Benazet, who employed Parisian craftsmen to design the stylish rooms.
- Gambling is Often Legalized to Promote Economic Development of Depressed Areas. That was an important motivation in Las Vegas, Atlantic City, New Jersey, and many of the other locales for casinos.