Full house for Gala bingo hall
A RECORD number of people turned out to try their luck at Gala Bingo in Meadowbank on Thursday.
Related Bingo News:
- Bingo hall set for revamp
- Number is up for bingo hall
- Bingo hall aims for full house
- Eyes down for the final time at Leven bingo hall
- Royal wedding video special: Bingo hall expects full house
- The Street’s Cilla opens bingo hall
- £50k bingo feud sisters vent their anger
- Gala hits jackpot as profits at bingo arm soar
- Leven Gala Bingo players fuming at closure plans
- £64m bingo deal brings Gala day for County
- Gala Bingo launches £1m KerChingo
- Bingo Player Becomes Local Heroine After Sharing Her Gala High 5 £669,242 Jackpot With 136 Other Players
Gambling history facts:
- The brand new resort, Wynn Las Vegas recently opened on the Las Vegas Strip. At a cost of approximately $2.7 billion, the Wynn Las Vegas features 2,700 guestrooms and suites, casino (table games, over 1900 slots/video poker machines, poker room with race and sports book), several restaurants, a night club, golf, a shopping esplanade and a show called Le Reve.
- 1951: On September 4, Frank Sinatra makes his Vegas debut, performing in the Crystal Room at the Desert Inn.
1959: Wayne Newton performs in Vegas for the first time, despite the fact that he is still too young to enter a casino.
- Las Vegas in Nevada owes its success to the mobster Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel who organized gaming and bookmaking operations for The Mob (the Mafia).
- 1926: Las Vegas gets a regular air service. Western Air Express flies between Las Vegas and Salt Lake City. The airfield later becomes the site for the famous Sahara and Hilton hotels.
1931: Gambling is legalized in Nevada on March 19. Construction begins on the long awaited Hoover Dam.