Alabama judge rules electronic bingo OK in Ashville
Charity bingo can be played legally on electronic machines in Ashville, a judge ruled Monday.
Related Bingo News:
- Supporters of electronic bingo ask judge to reconsider ban
- Alabama judge rules against bingo amendment, but bingo continues
- Alabama Supreme Court rules against electronic bingo
- AL judge rules on electronic bingo case with reaction from Country Crossing
- Judge to rule again in Walker County bingo case
- Judge rules electronic bingo legal
- Alabama lawmakers from three counties attempt to ban electronic bingo with legislation
- Judge sticks to Monday bingo deadline for Alabama AG
- Alabama court rules in Etowah electronic bingo
- Court Rules Electronic Bingo Illegal
- Judge rules electronic bingo OK in St. Clair Co.
- Alabama senator says no electronic bingo Thursday
Interesting gambling facts:
- The word Casino originally meant a public hall for music and dancing. By the second half of the 19th century, the term essentially meant a collection of gaming or gambling rooms. The classic example of a casino, is the casino at Monte-Carlo, which was opened in 1861.
- The most popular forms of illegal games are "numbers", which is essentially a lottery, and betting with bookies, typically sports betting.
- Men and women tend to have different preferences in their gambling. Men are more likely to gamble in games such as blackjack and lotteries and women are more likely to engage in bingo and raffles.
- Las Vegas in Nevada owes its success to the mobster Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel who organized gaming and bookmaking operations for The Mob (the Mafia).