Armed robbers raid high stakes poker game
A game of high stakes poker on the Northwest Side was raided by 3 armed robbers late Wednesday night.
Related Poker News:
- Armed robbers target high-stakes poker game in Nanuet home, steal $15,000
- Armed robbers steal Â£27,000 from bingo hall
- Rifle-wielding robbers nab $11K at Ohio poker game
- Armed Robbers Break Up High Stakes Poker Game
- Robbers target high-stakes mahjong game
- High Dollar Armed Robbery Breaks Up High Stakes Poker Game
- Armed robbers target early morning SE Portland poker game
- Armed robbers clean out poker game on Meriwether
- Armed Men Rob Suspected Dallas Gambling Room
- Deputies search for armed bingo robbers
- Poker robbery suspect surrenders
- Robbers Of Bingo Hall Sought
Gambling history facts:
- 1967: Elvis Presley marries Priscilla Anne Beaulieu on May 1 in the chapel of the Aladdin Hotel.
1970: Binion's Horseshoe casino hosts the first World Series of Poker.
1971: Female card dealers begin working on the Strip for the first time.
- Video Poker machines were introduced in the 1970s, when an oil embargo had a negative impact on Vegas revenues. The machines were popular enough to spark a recovery in casino business.
- Las Vegas is a testament of the powerful ability of gambling to foster economic development. Because of gambling, Las Vegas has shown impressive job growth, developed into a major city with a low tax burden that many state and local governments look at with envy.
- French mathematician Blaise Pascale is often credited with inventing the roulette wheel as a result of his experiments with perpetual motion machines.