Gambling spree trails store theft
An accounting associate at the Maysville Road Wal-Mart is accused of stealing more than $100,000 in cash from his employer, fleeing west and gambling with his newly acquired fortune. Photo caption: Singer
Related Gambling News:
- Win Big With Sky Bingo's Slot Spree
- Bingo theft pays for two-week Vegas spree
- Worker went on gambling spree after murder
- Gambler sues casino over gaming spree
- £3m lottery man ‘jilted fiancee to go on gambling spree’
- Online gambling test agency in hiring spree
- Store owner faces gambling indictment
- Lottery thief caught by history
- 81-year-old man put back in jail on murder charge following Biloxi gambling spree
- UK Woman Wins $15,000 New York Shopping Spree
- Seven Eunice men sentenced in truck-stop robbery spree
- Gambling with the cards: With each credit purchase, consumers are vulnerable to computer hackers, identity theft
Casino gambling facts:
- 1967: Elvis Presley marries Priscilla Anne Beaulieu on May 1 in the chapel of the Aladdin Hotel.
1970: Binion's Horseshoe casino hosts the first World Series of Poker.
1971: Female card dealers begin working on the Strip for the first time.
- If you are planning a trip to Las Vegas, be sure to take advantage of the free sights and attractions. They include - Fremont Street Experience, the Fountains of Bellagio, the Sirens of TI, Volcano at the Mirage, tiger display at the entrance of the Mirage, tour of Ethel M's Chocolate Factory, Bellagio Botanical Gardens, Masquerade Show in the Sky at the Rio, Hand of Faith at the Golden Nugget, landmark replicas at the Paris and the Venetian properties and more.
- 1905: The town of Las Vegas is founded when the San Pedro, Los Angeles and Salt Lake Railroad Company holds a land auction at the site on May 15.
1912: The Majestic - Las Vegas's very first theater - opens, featuring the best vaudeville acts and motion pictures of the time.
- Las Vegas in Nevada owes its success to the mobster Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel who organized gaming and bookmaking operations for The Mob (the Mafia).